BILI (Bilingual Course)
For Your Future
In view of globalisation and the growing number of companies active internationally, the world language English has become an essential qualification for study and professional success. Our School has responded to these demands – the first school in Hamburg to have offered a course in Business Studies, Accounting and Economics since 1998!
What are you waiting for?
Go for Bili – our bilingual course: Business Studies, Accounting and Economics (Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Rechnungswesen und Volkswirtschaftslehre in englischer Sprache).
Your team of BILI teachers
BILI – what will you learn?
Business Studies – Why can Apple Inc. never sleep?
Marketing is not only advertising but a variety of instruments used to sell products successfully.
How a business can work profitably over many years will be the core question dealt with within the four semesters of Business Studies.
Course Topics – Overview:
- Procurement (Beschaffung)
- Production (Produktionsprozesse)
- Marketing (Absatz)
- Accounting/Costing (Kostenrechnung)
- Financing & Investment (Finanzierung & Investition)
Accounting – Why does kik manufacture goods in Bangladesh? Why does Adidas employ workers in Latin America?
Companies try to use the most efficient cost structure to make a big profit!
In Accounting, we’ll look at different situations and real case studies with regard to cost accounting.
Other Course Topics:
- Types of costs (Kostenarten)
- Capacity utilization (Kapazitätsauslastung)
- Make or buy decisions (Eigen- oder Fremdbezug)
- Contribution Accounting (Deckungsbeitragsrechnung)
Economics – Was Keynes right to say that markets require government intervention? To what extent should they operate
These are only two among various controversial and exciting questions to be discussed in the context of recent economic developments such as the financial or euro crisis.
Course Topics – Overview:
- Germany’s social market economy (Soziale Marktwirtschaft)
- The functioning of markets (Markt und Preis)
- Market concentration and competition policy (Unternehmenskonzentration und Wettbewerbspolitik)
- Economic policies and the labour market (Wirtschaftspolitik und Arbeitsmarkt)
- Monetary policy (Geldpolitik)
- Foreign trade (Außenwirtschaft)
When does BILI (bilingual course) start?
In the second half of the eleventh class you will take part in a preparatory course in order to come to a final decision with your teachers.
Interesting current economic affairs will be chosen to provide a basis with regard to Business Studies and the necessary vocabulary.
12th and 13th class
- 6 lessons: Business Studies and Accounting (BWL/RWE/Seminar)
- 2 lessons: Economics (VWL)
- 4 lessons: English at advanced level (Englisch auf erhöhtem Niveau)
- So you will have a total of 12 lessons a week in English!
Business requires English, so let’s speak English!
Grasp this opportunity and go for the BILI course!